SSMRC and UBC Southern District staff are helping to relaunch the Arkansas Labor Caucus.
At a July 26 meeting, members of several labor unions met to elect officers, approve bylaws, and make a plan for recruiting members. Officers in the photo above are, from left:
- Vice-Chair – Derek Donahou, executive assistant with the UBC Southern District
- Chair – Rick Halford, SSMRC political director
- Caucus member – Arkansas Sen. Joyce Elliott with the American Federation of Teachers
- Treasurer – Gerald Sales with the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
- Recording secretary – Wayne Denson, Arkansas Legislative Board chairman with the Brotherhood Of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
The Arkansas Labor Caucus is expected to be formally reinstated Aug. 15.