Delivering diversified, specialized manpower for the pulp-and-paper industry…
The byproduct of living in a digital age means less demand for paper to hold the written word. On the other hand, evolving technology also creates an increase in the need for paper that can withstand shipping and handling. As a result, the successful manufacturer must be both diversified and specialized.
Operations must be diversified to seamlessly upgrade, re-tool, add or change out machines and multiple converting lines, or even get a new plant up and running. The effective company is also one that has the specialized manpower in place to keep equipment efficiently converting raw material into end products such as pulp, paper, board, or cellulose-based materials.
The 11-state service area of the Southern States Millwright Regional Council means pulp-and-paper plants have access to SSMRC contractors who have the power of mobility within our council. This gives contractors a deep pool of safe, productive, highly skilled professionals to pull from for jobs of any size in any location. It also allows us to respond to emergencies quickly with specialized talent.
We put world-class training to work for our contractors.
We take ownership in a project with our contractors because when they succeed, we succeed.
Intense, ongoing instruction paves the way for consistent jobsite success. We get there through the renowned UBC International Training Program, which fuels our preparation for the pulp-and-paper industry. We train on the most advanced equipment and tools in the industry, using a standardized curriculum, so that regardless of location, we supply professionals with the same, elite skill set. Just a sample of the skill and knowledge sets our precision millwrights provide includes:
- Sawmill Maintenance
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Bearing Maintenance, Installation, and replacement
- Precision Alignment
- Troubleshooting and Repair of Product Moving Systems
- New Machine Installations
- Modification of Paper Machines
- Pumps and Motors
- Dust Collectors
Attracting and Retaining Manpower
Attracting and retaining manpower is a key business strategy for pulp-and-paper companies. When you partner with the SSMRC you will avoid:
- Creating your own training program or vetting the merits of tech-school curricula
- Waiting for new training programs to produce viable workers
- Spending resources to import labor
- Doubting if your crew will be productive and safe
- Tracking certifications, qualifications, and drug tests
Special Attention to Safety
There is no substitute for solid attention to safety, and the SSMRC believes a safe work site is achieved only by comprehensive training for every millwright on every project. Our members must complete and achieve mastery of the following health and safety training programs:
- Blood-Borne Pathogens
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Confined Space Worker Safety
- Fall Arrest
- Hazardous Waste Worker Safety
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Safety
- Safety Data Sheet Competency
- Millwright Health and Safety 16-Hour Course
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 30-Hour Course
- Scaffold User Safety
By using Southern States Millwrights, you are assured quality, productive work, from pre-planning to maintenance. Our promise is simple:
- We will do our work safely, accurately, and dependably.
- We will respond to all requests promptly and will deliver the service that we promised.
- We will communicate early and often and will involve the customer every step of the way.
- We will complete projects according to specified schedules with pride and integrity.