Comprehensive solutions in material handling…
The best asset a material-handling crew can bring to a project is productivity. When Southern States Millwrights are on site, that productivity is guaranteed through the skills, training, and experience of our technicians and the smart business sense and competitive pricing of our contractors.
We understand that no two projects are alike, and we approach every project as an individual challenge. Our millwright contractors know they are successful when the customer is as productive as possible.
We establish a communication system immediately with a pre-project conference to outline the scope of work, manpower needs, and scheduling issues. That interaction continues throughout the life of the project.
And, when installations are done within active facilities, we work with you to complete projects without interrupting or delaying operations. We adjust work schedules around peak production hours and schedule shifts during non-typical work hours.
Areas of Expertise
Southern States Millwrights have the training and experience needed for the most simple to the most complex layout. Our technicians are ready to supply quality, competitive work in:
- Allied Equipment
- Integrated Systems
- ASRS Systems
- Automated Systems and Storage
- Parcel Shipping
- People Movers
- Rack Systems and Storage
- Systems Integration
- Electrical and Mechanical Installation
- Warehouse Management
Skills and Components
Our experience and skills are unmatched in working with the following material-handling components:
- Chain Rollers
- Electronic Communications
- Guard Rails
- Site Prep
- Staging and Materials Relocation
- Support Structures
- Layout and Planning of Conveyor and Rack Systems
- Loading and Unloading
Excellence Grounded in Training
Our millwrights and instructors train on the most advanced equipment and tools in the industry. We focus on conveyors and other material-handling systems with a standardized curriculum so that regardless of jobsite location, we bring the same skill set to every project. As a result, our unmatched training creates professionals who are proficient in all material-handling skills – and who understand the importance of health and safety practices.
Material-Handling coursework includes:
- Basic & Advanced Layout and Leveling Instruments
- Machinery Installation, Repair and Maintenance
- Basic and Advanced Laser Shaft Alignment
- Material-Handling Processes
- Blueprint Reading
- Mathematics, Layout, and Blueprint Reading
- Bulk Conveyor Systems
- Can Manufacturing Plant Systems
- Monorail Conveyor Systems
- Precision Alignment
- Clean Room Procedures
- Precision Rigging
- Construction Mathematics
- Heavy Industrial Manufacturing
- USPS Bulk Mail Qualification
- Valve Installation and Repair
- Lift Truck Operator Rigging
Responsive Maintenance Service
Southern States Millwrights are experienced in the all-around knowledge needed to be excellent diagnostic experts for maintenance challenges. We are trained to recognize and differentiate the needs of individual lines. We understand the logic needed to determine the problem and fix the issue to get the system up and running as fast as possible. Our technicians are adept at:
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical Controls
- Programmable Logic Controllers
Special Attention to Safety
There is no substitute for solid attention to safety, and the SSMRC believes a safe work site is achieved only by comprehensive training for every millwright on every project. Our members must complete and achieve mastery of the following health and safety training programs:
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Confined Space Worker Safety
- Fall Arrest
- Hazardous Waste Worker Safety
- Lock-Out/Tag-Out Safety
- Safety Data Sheet Competency
- Millwright Health & Safety 16-Hour Course
- Occupational Safety and Health Act 30-Hour Course
- Scaffold User Safety
By using Southern States Millwrights, you are assured quality, productive work, from pre-planning to maintenance. Our promise is simple:
- We will do our work safely, accurately, and dependably.
- We will respond to all requests promptly and will deliver the service that we promised.
- We will communicate early and often and will involve the customer every step of the way.
- We will complete projects according to specified schedules with pride and integrity.