Carpenters’ Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
The Carpenters’ Bill of Rights and Responsibilities is simple, direct, and fair.
Our Bill of Rights says: Here’s what we believe. Here’s what we stand for. Here are the basic rights of every working carpenter – union and non-union.
But with rights come responsibilities – and no one knows that better than we do. We know that it is the responsibility of every carpenter to provide a good day’s work and to produce a craftsman’s product in return.
All working people have a right to:
• A good job with benefits
• A living wage that can support a family
• Security and dignity in work and retirement
• A safe and secure workplace
• Education and training to reach our full potential
With rights come responsibilities:
• Being productive, efficient workers
• Producing work of the highest quality – work that we stand behind
• Improving our communities
• Helping fellow workers achieve safety and security in the workplace
• Being active citizens and informed voters